No one was injured when ammonia leaked from a refrigeration system at a business near downtown Hagerstown on Sunday night, Fire Chief W. Kyd Dieterich said.
The initial call came in at 9:52 p.m. for a report of an odor at Church and Walnut streets, Dieterich said.
He said firefighters identified the odor as ammonia vapors coming from an exhaust fan at Accela Worldwide Solutions at 300 W. Franklin St.
The property owner called to have the leak in the refrigeration system repaired, Dieterich said.
He said firefighters cleared the scene about three hours after the original call came in.
Accela is a global provider of transportation and warehousing services, according to the company’s website.